The Sales Consultant is responsible for acquiring new clients through prospecting and networking efforts, building great client relationships, and understanding client needs to capture upsell opportunities. The primary sales territory is South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates new business by contacting prospective clients through, but not limited to, in-person meetings, phone calls, email, and professional networking events.
- Conducts prospect needs analysis over the phone and/or in-person as needed.
- Conducts product demonstrations, with appropriate internal Propel HR subject-matter experts, over the phone and/or in-person as needed.
- Aligns the appropriate Propel HR corporate solution to the prospect’s business needs, challenges, and requirements.
- Develops relationships with potential clients and business partners.
- Maintains strong client relationships with existing clients.
- Demonstrates the value of Propel HR solutions to client businesses.
- Meets or exceeds annual sales goals as established by the Company by brining on new business.
- Maintains awareness of new products, competitive services and other technology of potential interest to clients.
- Maintains communications with internal team to ensure efforts are in line with objectives.
- Prepares information for quotes and contracts for prospective clients.
- Maintains all quote documentation with accurate pricing and configurations.
- Maintains all sales demonstration tools and applications.
- Documents all sales-related activity within Salesforce.com.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in payroll, benefits, worker’s compensation and/or HR preferred, but not required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in outside BSB sales.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license as travel is required.
- Will have accomplished the following:
- Experience independently closing individual accounts with 20+ employees
- Average deal size of $20,000
- Ability to establish and manage executive level relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: telephone, writing and presenting.
- Ability to resolve complex problems.
- Build and maintain a consistently strong pipeline.
- Identify new prospects in pioneer territory.
- Provide a Solution Selling approach for prospects.
- 80% hunting for new business, 20% farming to cultivate and grow existing business.
- Experience managing and directing the entire sales cycle from beginning to close.
- Track record in closing large, complex deals in the “white collar” and “gray collar” employee-related industries.
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals and targets.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience)
Benefits Package includes:
- Health Plan (Employee covered at 100%)
- Voluntary Benefits – Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement with Employer match
- Paid Holiday and Vacation Time
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form on this page. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll reply to you shortly thereafter.