The Benefits Administration Specialist serves as administrative support to our Benefits department to assist in the execution of benefit administration processes, policies, and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to ACA reporting, COBRA processing, benefits reconciliation, and other benefits-related tasks.
1. Maintains functional knowledge of our technology, features, and usage for benefits administration
2. Processes timely benefit enrollments and terminations for employees for clients
3. Runs weekly client reports to track employee benefits eligibility, enrollments, terminations and hours worked per ACA regulations
4. Handles client ACA reporting to the IRS, including 1094/5-C forms, to assure compliance with the ACA requirements
5. Sets up ACA tracking in payroll software for each client to enable reporting requirements
6. Performs audits on benefit plan information in the system to verify correctness
7. Reviews all benefit plan spreadsheets for proper completion of client open enrollments
8. Assists with the benefits reconciliation process across multiple clients to ensure proper billing to and from clients
9. Assists with audits in payroll systems and using employee payroll registers to ensure accurate employee deductions and employer contributions
10. Maintains current working knowledge on new and existing laws or regulations regarding the Affordable Care Act.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Extensive periods of sitting are required as well as reaching with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form on this page. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll reply to you shortly thereafter.