This position provides ongoing client support and account management to clients to maintain updated client benefit plans and assist in the accurate enrollment and termination of client employee benefits. Works with agents, carriers, clients and employees to promptly resolve all variances to assure complete client and employee satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up new benefit plans for clients in addition to renewals and revisions for existing clients; confirms the plan specifics with client to determine if rate table or formula data entry.
- Offers open enrollment support to clients; conducts open enrollment meetings for clients upon request, explains benefit options to employees and answers questions; collects and processes enrollment paperwork.
- Communicates enrollments to insurance carrier; audits benefits invoices through benefits reconciliation process to ensure accuracy.
- Creates or revises plans, tests codes, and verifies if deductions are correctly processed; enters or assists client with attaching plan deductions to participant employees; trains clients and new clients on this process as needed.
- Maintains updated, accurate benefit plan deductions for new hires, terminations, qualifying status changes, plan renewals, etc.
- Adds, stops, or revises employee deductions as needed; calculates refunds or missed deductions and enters refunds or catchups with client and employee approvals; notifies payroll department of changes.
- Maintains external benefits software for employee events that trigger benefit changes (adds, terminations, qualifying events, COBRA reporting and payments); acknowledges or notes in reconciliations to ensure carrier adjustments are made and correct.
- Assists with the 401(k) administration for Propel HR Multiple Employer Plan (MEP)
- Handles special projects and assignments as requested.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field or commensurate related experience
- Minimum of 4-5 years Benefits Administration experience, preferably in a large employer environment (1,000+ employees), PEO or insurance broker office
- Strong Excel knowledge working with large data sets, tables and pivot charts
- Kronos experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills a must
- Extremely detail-oriented with auditing and/or reconciliation experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) required; ability to work well with a team or independently
- Thrives in constant, fast-paced environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Extensive periods of sitting are required as well as reaching with hands and arms. Ability to climb, stoop, kneel are needed at times.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form on this page. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll reply to you shortly thereafter.